posted on Dec 19, 2007 - 04:22 PM
Just some things that I'd like to get clear; I've seen various descriptions for these, but I'm curious as to what the prescribed rules are in Greco-Bohairic:
1. How is the placement of stress determined?
2. Are there any circumstances under which vowels are reduced to schwa?
3. Is the gamma ever pronounced as a fricative? (Like the ghain in Arabic.)
4. Is the tav supposed to be pronounced /d/ following the nei?
5. Is the seema ever pronounced /z/?
6. When, if ever, is the alpha pronounced as in "cat"?
Thanks in advance!